Normally, you must apply for a study permit before you travel to Canada. A study visa application can sometimes be made from within Canada. You may be able to apply in some circumstances at the port of entry when you enter Canada. Make sure you are aware of the options you have.
When submitting an application, you must
- a confirmation letter from a recognized educational institution (DLI) You’ll be attending as many of the required
- applications and supporting paperwork as you can.
- You must submit a comprehensive application before we can finalize your study permit.
- The processing of documents will be delayed if you wait to submit them.
- a letter of justification for any missing papers brought on by COVID-19
- You must present a current Québec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) or a letter of permission for your CAQ if you intend to study in Quebec.
- students at a DLI (Designated Learning Institution)
- You must demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to cover
- your tuition costs, living expenses for you and any family members traveling with you to Canada, and return transportation for you and them.
- You must also comply with the law, have a clean criminal record, and obtain a police certificate (if required)
- are in excellent health, obtain a medical examination (if necessary)
- demonstrate to a representative that you will depart Canada when your study visa expires.